ostom-i™ Alert Hospital App
What Does The ostom-i Alert Hospital App Do?
- Enable up to 20 patients to be connected to one tablet at one time.
- Enable individual patient reporting and monitoring of ostomy output. This is measured by recording time of output and volume.
- Each patient within the app will have individual alerts, notifying the Nurse/Staff who are viewing the app.
- Enable reporting to be in a graphical format. The Doctor and Nurse can set the reporting process to be as often as they like.
- Enable data to be send directly to the doctor and/or the patient's notes for recording purposes. This then allows access to historical data held on the 11 Health and Technologies Limited website http://www.11health.com. This has a secure log in for patient and doctor access.
How Does The Sensor Work?
- The sensor clips on to most ostomy pouches.
- By pulling the battery tab out and pressing the button the device becomes live.
- The tablet comes preloaded with the app.
- Go to the add patient screen, enter the details and simply pair the device
- In its most basic form the app enables you to set an alarm or multiple alarms to alert you when the ostomy pouch is filling up.
- The alarm rwill ring on the tablet as soon as it hits the alarm levels set.
- Should you wish to create reports on the timings and volume of output, then this data can be emailed to your own email address or viewed on the tablet.
Switching On The iPad
- When the iPad is switched on the ostom-i Alert Hospital App will be available on the main screen.
- Simply double click to open.
- This is what the screen will look like. (This screenshot shows what a live patient connected will look like.)
Benefits Of The Hospital App
- No overflow bags required in hospital.
- Nurse and patients will automatically know when the bag is filling up.
- Automated tracking of output and timings which help with care and management of patient.
- Peace of mind for the patient who can be in control of their life even in uncontrollable situations.
- Improve the quality of patient lives and potential earlier hospital discharge.
- Reduce the reliance on ostomy/stoma care nurses.
- Provide doctors with concrete evidence of bowel activity which will assist in the treatment of patients.
- The ostom-i Alert Hospital App provides non intrusive real life and real time support for patients.
- It provides hospitals with an ability to know exactly what is happening to their ostomy patients at all times.
- It has the ability to potentially:
- reduce size of bags patients need.
- reduce the time a nurse needs to spend managing a patient.
- reduce the use of overflow bags and tubes.
- potentially reduce the length of in patient stay especially for new ostomy patients