United States Insurance Information
Coding and Billing Information for ostom-i™ Alert Sensor Using the CMS-1500 & CMS-1450 (UB-04) Forms
ostom-i Alert Sensor
"Ostomy Bag Fill Sensor"
Manufactured by 11 Health and Technologies Limited
Coding and Billing Information for ostom-i Alert Sensor
Using the CMS-1500 and CMS-1450 (UB-04) Forms
Reimbursement Quick Facts:
HCPCS Product Code(s):
Since ostom-i Alert Sensor does not yet have a permanent HCPCS code assigned, a miscellaneous A-Codes such as:
- A4421 Ostomy Supply; miscellaneous OR
- A9280 Alert or Alarm Device, Not Otherwise Classified:
- CMS-1500 form, section 24D, if billing in the physician’s office.
- CMS-1450(UB04), section FL44, if billing under the Hospital OPPS (Outpatient Prospective Payment System).
- ostom-i Alert Sensor
- CMS-1500 Form. section 19 or 24A (Shaded Area)
- CMS-1450 (UB04) Form – section FL43
National Drug Code (NDC):
When billing Medicare:
- Must submit to the appropriate DME Intermediary (MAC):
- CGS Administrators, LLC
- National Government Services (NGS), Inc.
- Noridian Administrative Services
For Ostomy/Stoma Patients
- The ostom-i Alert Sensor is a discrete device that alerts patients as to how full their ostomy/stoma bags are so that they can decide if and when to empty them.
- The ostom-i Alert Sensor clips on to any ostomy bag sending Bluetooth alerts to an "app" on your mobile device (phone or tablet) notifying you that your bag is filling up.
- The ostom-i Alert Sensor captures guidance information about volume of output over a time period and allows the information to be e-mailed to physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Each ostom-i Alert Sensor lasts up to three (3) months.