Setting up the ostom-i™ Alert Sensor
Attaching the Sensor
- Turn on Bluetooth mode on your mobile device as instructed by the app. This can be found in your device settings. The screen will move to the devices menu.
- Make sure the green light is illuminated then press the scan button to scan for your ostom-i Alert Sensor device. This may take a couple of attempts. Under the section marked "Visible devices", your "ostom-i Alert Sensor" device should appear.
- Press the "ostom-i" button to pair to your device. The screen will change to show a thermometer.
- Press the alarm tab to set the point at which the alarm on your mobile device sounds – anywhere between 1% and 100% full. You can edit the alarms at any time via the "New Alarm" button.
- Connect the ostom-i Alert Sensor to your bag. It is easier to attach onto pouch when it is not connected to the body and laid flat. It is now ready for use.
You will be prompted to add the air readings when an alarm sounds. This will help to give a more accurate value of output.
- Turn on Bluetooth mode on your tablet as instructed by the app. This can be found in your device settings. Proceed to "Add Patient" tab.
- Fill out the patient's name, number and bed number, along with any email addresses you would like reports sent to.
- Make sure the green light is illuminated on the sensor, you can activate this by pulling the tab out of the sensor.
- Next press the scan button to scan for your ostom-i Alert Sensor device. This may take a couple of attempts to locate the sensor. Under the section marked "Visible devices", your "ostom-i Alert Sensor" device will appear.
- Press the "ostom-i" button to pair it to your tablet.
- You can set personalized alarms to the point at which the alarm on your tablet sounds – anywhere between 1% and 100% full. You can edit the alarms at any time via the patient's sensor icon on the tablet.
- When finished, press the "Add patient button". You will now be asked to sign into that individuals account. This is the same login as the website. If they do not have an account they are very easy to create. Now the devices are all ready to use.
- Connect the ostom-i Alert Sensor to the bag. It is easier to attach when it is not connected to the body and laid flat.
- It is now ready for use.
Adding another patient is easy! It is the same process as before. The key is to make sure each patient has their own account– as their data is sent to the cloud, it is vital not have data crossover.
Discharging a Patient
- Select the patient you would like to discharge from the app. Once you have gone into the patient's tab a red button on the left side will say discharge.
- Once you have selected the discharge button, the app will start to generate a report.
- The app will now ask for an email address to send the generated graph and data to.
- Once completed, the Hospital app will send the data to the email address and will discharge the patient and their data from the app.
Warning – The more data points, the longer the graph generation will take to load. The app may appear to not be active but it is and is processing the data in the background.
Download the Hospital App User Manual Here
The ostom-i app is available for iOS versions 7 and above from the iOS App Store.
The ostom-i app is also currently in Beta for Android versions 4.3 and above.
Since the Android version is not in its final release phase, full stability on certain models of phones cannot be guaranteed. If you experience difficulties with the Android version, please provide us with your phone model and operating system version to help us continue to improve the application.
Based on user testing, we have identified certain Samsung and LG phones are prone to having pairing instabilities with the ostom-i Alert Sensor Device.
Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Although 11 Health and Technologies Limited strictly implements the Bluetooth 4.0 standard, connection reliability cannot be guaranteed if device manufacturers fail to completely adhere to this standard. Connection performance and stability are directly affected by individual Bluetooth devices, software versions and operating systems. Please ensure your device has sufficient battery charge and is running the latest available software for best results.
CE | Patent Pending
Issuance Date: 8/12/14 Ostom-i v1
Available for use by all Patients, Infants, Children, Teenagers and Adults
Precaution: Nurses or other healthcare personnel should visually inspect an ostomy pouch every 12 hours.
SINGLE PATIENT USE ONLY. WHEN RE ATTACHING TO POUCH WIPE CASING AND SENSOR STRIP CLEAN USING A DAMP CLOTH.
DO NOT USE IN WATER.
Be aware electromagnetic interference can occur between this Bluetooth device and nearby electronic equipment. Bluetooth works as long as both the device and mobile device are within a 15 meter range. Do not try and pair any other Bluetooth devices to the mobile app.
Potential electromagnetic interference can be mitigated by increasing the separation distance between the ostom-i ALERT sensor and surrounding electronic equipment.