Solutions for Nurses
To allow hospital nurses to focus on the cases that matter most, we have a dedicated nurse program that is delivered remotely and seamlessly. At the press of a button, the user is connected to a medical professional who will listen and then identify the best solution to their ostomy related health issue. This program is a major step forward in treating the on-going health needs of ostomates.
11 Health has built a team of professional and compassionate nurses dedicated to delivering expert healthcare advice to our SmartCare patients. We provide clinical education to our Patient Coach team, as well as health support to our patients through research, advocacy and technology.
We now have nurse representation in 36 of the 50 U.S. States and can connect digitally with patients nationwide.
11 Health’s SmartCare platform is revolutionary and innovative. Using our technology, we incorporate high-tech and high touch:
- Collection of patient information using our SmartCare documentation
- Pre-surgery education through access to education modules
- Support of our Patient Coaches as they develop patient relationships
- Educational support
- Health tracking using our data collection technology: Alfred SmartCare Platform
- Support of our Patient Coach as they mentor our patients
How does a hospital department benefit?
- Using our nursing program, hospital readmission can be prevented
- Real-time patient assessment through telehealth communication and data collected through our SmartCare Platform enables real time clinical decision making
- Additional nursing communication enables patient oversight
- Reinforcement of patient education materials
How does the patient benefit?
- alfred: SmartCare access on personal smart phone device
- Real time clinical expertise in: Management of health care issues, dehydration education, skin care issues in our ostomate patients, and multiple clinical conditions
- Access to specific hospital educational resources, HRV dehydration testing and identification
- Real time chat with a nurse
- An evidence-based education program specific to the ostomy patients, to assist patient in meeting self-care goals
- Digital insights into their ostomy output, interactions, health check results and trackers
- A route to escalate clinical concerns to a nurse or their own clinical team
Meet our Nurses
An internal process is triggered anytime a patient needs support from a nurse
The PC makes sure to escalate the patient to the nurse to start requesting support
The Patient Coach will contact the patient and set up a time when the nurse will be calling them within 24 hours
The nurse will call to provide support for the patients medical need
From Our Nurses Blog
By: 11 Health Why Telemedicine? We find ourselves in strange times during this period of social distancing and “Stay at Home,” during the crisis of COVID 19. We are asked to avoid unnecessary trips outside our homes; no dining out, trips to the playground, play...
By: 11 Health Summertime and the living’s easy…and HOT, so make sure you are hydrating properly! Let’s face it, we all wonder how much are we really supposed to be drinking and are confused about mixed messages of when it’s best to drink and whether warm or cold...
By: 11 Health With up to 40% of all hospital readmissions after ostomy surgery being due to dehydration , it’s clear that many new ostomates are not being armed with the tools they need to mitigate this often-preventable risk that accompanies living with a stoma....