We support patients who are experiencing IBD, have Colorectal Cancer, or those who have and have had a stoma
No matter what stage you are in during your health journey, we are there to support. The Patient Coach Program is a unique ostomy peer-to-peer support network that offers guidance, emotional support and education as you prepare for surgery and adapt to your new life with an ostomy.
Want to try SmartCare at home?
At 11 Health you will always have a family to welcome you. You will always be connected with someone who has an empathetic ear.
Patient Coaches are paired with new or old ostomy patients based on similar medical experiences and lifestyle demographics so their coach can help support them in their new journey with an ostomy in the most compassionate way.
- Peer-to-peer support in preparation for your surgery
- Advice on living with a stoma from someone who has “gone through it before”
- Direct access to your Patient Coach anytime you need them
- Individual support with your device set-up and navigating the Alfred Platform
- English and Spanish support is available
How it works
- First, download the Alfred SmartCare app
- Representatives from 11 Health will contact you to match you with a coach
- You will be contacted by your personalized Patient Coach to help you get prepared for your surgery
- Your Patient Coach will help you to identify your goals and the best ways to achieve them
- Your Patient Coach will continue to support post-recovery and into your new life with an ostomy
11 Health also offers post-surgical support with Alfred: OstomySolutions
- Patients will receive the Alfred: SmartBag 2 system with wireless connection to the Alfred: SmartCare app which provides data on stoma activity, cumulative output, risk of leakage and changes in skin condition which are transmitted to the patient and clinical team
- Access to the Clinical Dashboard, a complete patient monitoring platform for clinical teams
- Patient access to hospital documentation & scheduling information
- Access to educational modules and goal setting to ensure they are optimally prepared for life with an ostomy
- A trained health coach who is, or has been, an ostomate to ensure that hospital protocols and evidence based preventative measures are followed
find us on Ostomy 101
National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. It is a time to share education, ensure access to resources, raise awareness, and break the stigma. The life-changing event of receiving an ostomy is often met with grief and sadness. As a result of the bodies physical changes and new challenges, patients often become socially isolated and experience depression. Depression is a major risk factor for suicide.
If you think you might have depression, you are not alone.
An estimate of more than 17 million U.S. adults experienced at least one major depressive episode in 2017. One in every four patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease experiences depression following surgery and nearly one in five IBD patients develop depression or anxiety within six years of their IBD diagnosis.
Read more stories on
Club 11 Health
Become A Patient Coach
If you believe your experience as an ostomate can help other patients and you would like to join the 11 Health family of Patient Coaches, please get in touch by completing the form below.